Ads

This site may use cookies, third-party analytics or an advertising service. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to this use.

This advertising service is crucial to keeping all of my patterns offered for free.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Basketweave Stitch Infinity Scarf



This is a very simple and very cozy scarf. The basketweave stitch comes out pretty thick so this scarf is perfect for a chilly winter day. If you are not familiar with basketweave stitch don't be intimidated, it is sets of front and back post stitches done in a way that makes it look "weaved" (like a basket). There are many tutorials on Youtube of how to do the basketweave stitch but this is the one I used and I found it very easy to follow.

For mine I did 5 sets of  4 posts (post=fpdc or bpdc), each set is about 1 inch wide. To make the scarf pick how many "sets of posts" you want (width) and work it up until you have your desired length. Stitch the ends together with a needle and voila! You have a nice thick scarf!


I made mine in black so in the pictures it's a little difficult to see how cool the weave looks. I used Caron Simply Soft which is my favorite brand for scarves since it's super soft.




No comments:

Post a Comment